Last week was Fat Shaming Week over at the Return of Kings blog, and of their many delectable posts was the innocuous “Thin Privilege Doesn’t Exist”. Of course, being thin is not a “privilege”, but rather something that shows hard work that a woman (or man, but mostly women) has put in to looking healthy and attractive. The most entertaining part was the actual website they are critiquing, “This is Thin Privilege”. It’s hilarious to see how the rationalization hamster has spun in these women’s minds that it’s attractive to be fat.
Some of my favorites.
- Thin privilege is not having to explain to a child that you are not having a baby when they ask.
- Thin privilege is not crying in a dressing room at the mall because you can’t fit into the dress you’ve been looking forward to getting for weeks.
- Thin Privilege is not having to split up with your friends when you go shopping because you have to go to the “Plus Size” section.
- Thin privilege is your mother not cooking dishes with things she knows you’re allergic to because she “just wanted to make it easier for you to eat less.”
- Thin privilege is not being a public laughingstock for your size. I was at the pool, swimming, minding my own business. Lovely day, sun streaming down… Then suddenly I heard a child’s voice – “Look, it’s a whale swimming!”
- Thin privilege is not jumping or flinching at the sound it makes when you open food packaging.
- Thin privilege is being able to serve as an egg donor because your BMI is between the “acceptable range” of 18-29. Thin privilege is being a woman that can create the kind of children people want — AKA nobody wants fat kids because they’re not as “good” as thin kids.
It’s eye opening to see how many disadvantages fat women actually have, but even more amazing to see the amount of work they do to blame someone else for the problem instead of trying to fix it. Dr. Seth will admit that it is difficult to diet, but I’ve seen many women with thyroid problems (and I mean totally cooked thyroids with zero function) take control of their lives and manage their weight. I assert that most individuals have “thyroid problems” (and hormone/mental/joint) because of their fatty lifestyle. Well, until I buy my island and found the Land of Common Sense, I’ll just have to add one more “privilege” thin women get:
“They have attractive, marriage minded men fly from other countries to meet them.”
Feature Friday is possibly a semi-regular feature of WesternWomenSuck.com featuring information regarding the state of women in Western culture. If you have anything to add or feel that this post contains errors, please submit corrections in postings below and I will be happy to review them.
The use of copyrighted material in this website is protected by the Fair Use Clause of the U.S. Copyright Act of 1976, which allows for the sharing of copyrighted materials for the purposes of commentary, criticism and education. All shared material will be attributed to its owner and a link provided when available. All other stories, posts, reports, photos, videos and content on this site is copyright protected and is the property of the Western Women Suck blogpage, all rights reserved.