I don’t remember where I first saw this, maybe on Facebook. But it rang true with me in many ways. Some of these things I already know and apply to my life but some I do not. And in reading them I thought that I should incorporate them into my life, into my actions and thought processes. I resolved to read this list every now and then and try to make my life and my actions a little better in some way.
Have a look at this list. I’ve typed out the text of the photo below the picture. Maybe some of you have some similar thoughts or some valuable feedback about this list:
Your Father probably told you a few things, but just in case he wasn’t around enough, here are some words of wisdom you might have missed out on:
1. Go for women you perceive to be “out of your league.” You’ll surprise yourself.
2. Never have sex with someone [who] doesn’t want it as much as you.
3. Never hit anyone unless they are an immediate threat.
4. Every hat should serve a purpose.
5. Never take her to the movies on a first date.
6. Learn to wet shave.
7. Nothing looks more badass than a well-tailored suit.
8. Shave with the grain on the first go-around.
9. Always look a person in the eye when you talk to them.
10. Buy a plunger before you need a plunger.
11. Exercise makes you happy. Run, lift and play sports.
12. Brush your teeth before putting on your tie.
13. A small amount of your paycheck should go directly to your savings account every month.
14. Call your parents every week.
15. Never wear a clip-on tie.
16. Give a firm handshake.
17. Compliment her shoes.
18. Never leave a pint unfinished.
19. If you aren’t confident, fake it. It will come.
20. You can tell the size of a Man by the things that bother him.
21. Be conscious of your body language.
22. The only reason to ever point a gun at someone is if you intend to shoot them.
23. Always stand to shake someone’s hand.
24. Never lend anything you can’t afford to lose.
25. Ask more than you answer. Everybody likes to talk about themselves.
26. Keep a change of clothes at the office.
27. Buy high quality tools, so you only have to buy them once.
28. Manliness is not only being able to take care of yourself, but others as well.
29. Go with the decision that will make for a good story.
30. When you walk, look straight ahead, not at your feet.
31. Nice guys don’t finish last. Boring guys do.
32. Find your passion and figure out how to get paid for it.
33. Don’t let the little head do the thinking for the big head.
34. No matter their job or status in life, everyone deserves your respect.
35. The most important thing you can learn is personal responsibility. Bad things happen, it’s your job to overcome them.
36. The first one to get angry loses.
37. Do what needs to be done without complaining. It won’t help speed things up.
38. Never stop learning.
39. Always go out into public dressed like you’re about to meet the love of your life.
40. Don’t change yourself just to make someone happy, unless that someone is you.
41. If you’re the smartest person in the room, you’re in the wrong room.
42. Luck favors the prepared.
43. Women find confidence sexy as hell.
44. Do whatever you want to do in life, but be the best at it.
45. No one is on their deathbed wishing they spent more time at work. Enjoy your life.
I’ve applied a few of those this week; I adapted them in past weeks and worked them into my own behavior. I see that there are some gems in here that I need to work on.
The use of copyrighted material in this website is protected by the Fair Use Clause of the U.S. Copyright Act of 1976, which allows for the sharing of copyrighted materials for the purposes of commentary, criticism and education. All shared material will be attributed to its owner and a link provided when available. All other stories, posts, reports, photos, videos and content on this site is copyright protected and is the property of the Western Women Suck blogpage, all rights reserved.
I hope that this list is useful to you and that you benefit from it in some way.